Fri, Sep 24|
Gay & Christian? Responding to Pro-Gay Theology - Montreal Church of Christ
Like the dangers of a locomotive traveling at full speed with no whistle to warn of its imminent arrival, the pro-gay train is traveling at an alarming rate. Many Christians are either unaware of its approaching doom, are too intimidated to try to stop it, or, worse, are welcoming its arrival.
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2021, 7:00 PM EDT – Sep 25, 2021, 10:00 AM EDT
About the event
For members of the Montreal Church of Christ.
Friday, Sept 24
7 PM to 8:30 p.m.
- Who invented pro-gay theology?
- Why can't two consenting gay adults be in love and be Christian?
- Whom does homosexuality hurt?
- If God created people gay, why would He condemn it?
- Why does God demand celibacy for gay Christians?
- The Bible says, "don't judge." Aren't Christians judging?
Saturday, Sept 25
10 AM to 11:30 a.m.
- The Biblical authors did not understand sexual orientation as we do today.
- The word "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible before 1946.
- Jesus didn't mention homosexuality.
- The five "clobber passages" on homosexuality have been mistranslated or misinterpreted.